Sunday, April 20, 2008

New stuff!

Friday I stumbled on some gorgeous Peruvian Opal barrels and fell in love, I plan to go back and get some coin beads of the same stone if they are still available. The color just sings to me! Soft and sweet, classy and simple. I couldn't wait to make a pair of earrings.







Saturday was the South Plains RBA Rabbit show, I only entered the first show so I could get out of there early which didn't happen of course....(I stayed until after 5 visiting with all my friends. ) I didn't place very well, but my friend Reanelle brought up a pretty little doe who was hard to beat AND David had a younger brother to my girl that was a show stopper! So it wasn't a disappointing loss and there is still next weekends show. I did stop and talk to the ladies running the concession and check out their jewelry and made a nice new jewelry contact in Dani of Uooak Creations. She invited me to bring some of my jewelry to display and sell at their booth at next weekends show so I am going to get a few things made this week! After the show as the day started to wind down and the bunnies were unloaded and the sun setting, I sat down and paired up some pretty silver dragonfly beads with some dark green pearls... I can hear fireflies buzzing the water on a summer day at the lake.





Sunday I made my first sterling silver headpins! They still need to be tumbled to make them pretty, but I am darn proud of them! I've made copper headpins before but these were the first silver ones. Of course Mike did most of the work since I am still not so sure about the torch he bought me,(and he thinks I am too slow and takes them away from me to finish!) I wanted a torch I could turn on and light and adjust and go and this one is very persnickety! I think I may save up a little money and still get the original one I wanted. We made some copper pins too, but they are not quite as pretty prepolished than the silver so I wont take a picture of them until they are prettied up. (Which will be AFTER I manage to get some shot for the tumbler and get it going.







Oh and the new puppy still doesn't have a name! Mike isn't being much help and the only thing I can think of is Skyler. So for now she is baby dog or baby girl.... Poor no name thing. I will try to get some pictures of her when we go back outside to work on the fence again today along with pictures of the new fence going up! Its really looking pretty, it is replacing the livestock fencing I had put up a little at a time the last 2 years. Using totally recycled fence panels! Mike is trimming down 6 foot panels to remove the bad parts at the bottom. I will take pictures I promise~

Till later!
Serena

0 comments: