Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Introducing myself!

Ok all the amazing artists on etsy.com that have those amazing and captivating blogs have inspired me to start my own. I hope to show off my own jewelry when I get more comfortable with what I am designing and fabricating. So a little more about me to start? I'm Serena, I'm 26 years old, married to my best friend and high school sweetheart Mike(10 years together and counting!), and we have one son, Wyatt(2 1/2) who is becoming my best "assistant" with the "Beeeeeds Momma"! We live on a small farm near Lubbock Texas, currently our only farm critters are 7 American Fuzzy Lop rabbits that I raise for show (check out arba.net for more info on that!) . The more normal critters in ours lives are the dogs, Tuff the Australian Cattle Dog, Dakota & Razzle the Australians Shepherds and Daisy the Dachshund, the cats, Kat & Sunshine, Hams the hamster, and EWEBUGS the Salamander that eats bugs....

Most of my jewelry design and metal fabrication is self taught and figured out by trial and error, with a tiny foundation started in high school art class and mostly forgotten(9 years to forget!).
I've always wanted to design and make jewelry, life just got in the way of actually doing it until recently. My dear sweet husband has only rolled his eyes at me a few times since I got started into this more intently and has been wonderful buying me an awesome torch, a tumbler and helping me find tools and materials (ok ok he does THAT so I will leave HIS tools alone!).

This blog will be under a LOT of construction for a while, so keep checking back!

0 comments: