Saturday, May 23, 2009

Im here.... somewhere!

It seems like I havent sat down long enough lately to post anything... really I have I just havent been able to articulate anything. I'm always distracted by other things.  I've made a few things and if it keeps raining today I might just get some pics uploaded...  I sold two pairs of earrings today.  Both I made for myself and one was my best piece yet.  My Mom freaked out on them and insisted on buying them.   I thought about it and gave in... Named a price for her I thought was "MOM Fair".    It gave me some spending money today and since I bought myself a delicious set of Lapis beads and a few others that called to me and asked to be something.    Todays purchases were the Lapis,  two different strands of a pretty pink jade coins and faceted rectangles and some rose quartz heishi and 3 strands of smooth pale pale amethyst  drops that the price was right on.    The coins are asking to be a bracelet.  The Lapis is too I think.. Though I cant decide if a necklace is more in order or not.    I also bought sterling earring backs with the intention of making another pair of my molten silver studs,  I really need to to more solder work and get comfortable again...  The gem show last weekend left town with me now owning a soldering stand, pickling tongs, soldering tweezers and bezel tools and a ring mandrel.... I need to use them! I'm finally working with REAL tools,  not makeshift stuff!    Im also going to try to take some pictures of the  little pyrite ammonites I bought.    It was a wonderful mothers day weekend.  Today wasnt so bad either!   Its cloudy and rainy now and pretty relaxing.  The kiddo should be having his grandma and grandpa time tonight so I hope to sleep late and relax in peace and quiet tommorow and maybe make something.

I almost forgot WHY I even posted...  I got bit by the really crazy rearranging bug and took over part of the kitchen/dining area for a work bench...  We have some of the garage sale(What the HECK are they really called) tables in storage,  I grabbed a short one and moved the mitche table out and took over the wall and window area.  NOW I have LOTs of room to work and put the computer AND room to pull another chair if hubby wants the computer while Im working AND Im going to rearrange more I think and move our big 55 gallon fishtank if hubby will cooperate(I dont blame him for NOT wanting to though...)  Move a shelf, put the tank next to the sectional,  and our freezer in its place and our breakfast table more in the kitchen area... Yeah I know needs pictures... Ill work on that too!.   

OK PICTURES ADDED!:

The new work area:

The earrings I love so much:

Pink Opal, keishi pearls and pink tourmaline on twisted earwires.



0 comments: