Saturday, May 9, 2009

Checking in!

I AM still here...  some.   Been spending most of my time outside.  

I've gotten a couple things done lately but no pictures. i'm going to try to get going on that soon.  I've bought some awesome beads lately.  LOTS and LOTS of beads!  Been trying to get some necklaces done.  Working on a Peach Blossom Jasper necklace with pink coral and possibly pink opal clusters.  Also working on a Amazonite and Brone pearl necklace with a Aqua Terra Jasper pendant.  I've been eyeballing the conchoed western flip flops that are the big thing,  thinking I will make me a set if I get the chance.  I'm trying to get moving on getting back into my jewelry making mode....  Broke down today and made headpins and pulled out the pickle and warmer and tumbler and everything...  Guess I better use them all!   We stopped by Harbor Freight this morning and I bought a HUGE set of cable cutters that hubby said should be able to cut my super thick copper that I want to work with.  Got home nad dug them out and now I can find ANY of my copper!  What the heck?    They have a rolling mill we looked at  and I informed the hub that I want it too.. has to wait though its $200.   

Today was the first date for the Lubbock Art Market.   I am thinking of trying out a booth.   We checked it out today and it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be,  but I think it might be pretty nice if they get the word out.  Its restricted to handmade goods and includes produce and stuff from what I understand.   I dont think the word got out to much more than the artsy crowd.  I think there would be a great turnout if they geared it more towards the crafters also.   I met a gal that was really chatty about silversmithing and encouraging,  asking me what all I've learned...  stupid me clammed up.  Ugghh.... I hate it when I do that.  I cant do anything more than mumble polite mumbo...  I would have loved to talk to her.   I've moved past being a shy person so much that its extra weird when I cant make myself talk and chat.  So just in case she ever stumbles on this blog.... I REALLY wanted to talk to you,  but I could barely choke out the few answers I gave you....   Yeah... ME shy... seems weird I know... but it is what it is.    

Its late and I need to pull the headpins out of the tumbler and get my booty to bed.  Tommorow is mothers day.  We are taking my mom to Baskin Robbins for Daquiri Ice... She doesnt know it yet.   I just confirmed that they have it for the summer... hehe...  she loves it and they NEVER have it...    

Gnight all!

0 comments: