Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Useless Ramblings....

So I keep telling myself to post something.. Update this place. I chatter out ideas in my head as I listen to people drone on in life... then when I zip over here to post POOF the ideas are gone. That pretty much describes today. I found a cool blog I wanted to mention... got distracted and Xed out of the page.. and now I cant find it or remember who it was... I need to post more pictures and sutff, but I take all my pictures outside.... I also need to fire up my big torch and work on some stuff that the little torch just cant handle.. (oh and the little torch is not my friend and wont work for some reason.) WHY do I not do this? Because those amazing water filled pictures I posted a while back.. that 8 inches of rain that fell in our oh so dry area.... did you guess it yet? I have stayed holed up in the house because the enture region is now under the control on the mosquito hoard... My dear husband is mosquito not tasty person number one... mosquitos never ever bother him.. he has been in my life for 10 yes 10 years and until the last few months he has told me I am insane when I do the insane mosquito bitey fleeing twitchy psychotic frenzy thing... BUT guess what... this world domination batch of mosquitos doesnt care that he isnt supposed to taste yummy... I guess he doesnt smell good to them, but they sure discovered he must me tasty.. and since hes a decent sized bear of a guy he has plenty of food for the hungry hoard... I now get to enjoy the male version of the insane mosquito bitey fleeing twitchy psychotic frenzy thing... But my mind wanders... due to that I have Not wandered outside to take pictures, I have not played with big torch....
I have made a new necklace and matching earrings... and a simple pendant, but no pictures yet soo... I will have to reschedule show off my pretties...

I heard on the news this morning that they will begin allowing residents back on Galveston Island! My uncle is headed back that way today I think. He's keeping everyone updated on his blog: http://www.seasidefamily.com/kelleys_korner.htm
I found a quote for him that I felt fit him and his church well.. "Don't tell God how big your storm is ... Tell your storm HOW BIG YOUR GOD IS!!!!! As soon as I saw this I could SEE my uncle and his church in my mind. They will stay strong, rebuild and be a light to others to find their way to recover from an unimaginable storm...

Keep them in your thoughts....

S

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the mosquitos are the size of a small donkey at my house.

i left the back door open, Monday morning, so the dogs could go out after their breakfast.

i went to get ready to take John to school and killed 6 in the bathroom. our house was invaded by them.

they do not bother gust, me or john. they devour christopher. he gets the really red whelts when they bite him.

you could play connect the dots on his leg.

gust sprayed our yard monday. hopefully, vector services will get out here and spray, soon.

Wynd Fyre Designs said...

For the first time I cant wait for a freeze! I am actually wearing long sleeves when I go outside part of the time... and I HATE long sleeves. I hate mosquitos more!