Thursday, July 10, 2008

July is moving by... wow.


Hard to believe July is already 10 days in!
My computer has been unhappy and needed to visit the computer doctor... So I havent been posting like I should. Its mostly fixed now and way faster than before so I am BACK!
I really havent had time to make much lately but I am starting to get back in the swing. I listed a pair of earrings and two bracelets yesterday.

~VOLCANIC~
Lava stone beads and czech glass flowers with
sterling silver drops and handcrafted earwires.

~SUNSET~
Copper wire, pink coral heshi,
and small cherry quartz nuggets
Handcrafted spiral links and clasp.


~Dusk~
Sterling silver handcrafted links,
with small dark amethyst nuggets and sterling silver beads
My favorite handcrafted spiral hook clasp design.



I made a pretty peruvian opal necklace I need to get pictures downloaded, I still havent gotten my turqouise dragon scales necklace listed, I am not happy with a couple of the links and may redo it a little. Everyone that has seen it loves it though.

I purchased some gorgeous beads from Java Beads
I am trying to decide exactly what I want to make.
They are even prettier in person!





I think I buy more beads than I actually use. I really need to get working on a few of the designs I have in my head. Time to get more silver wire!
We have a new bead store here in Lubbock, Gemstone Junction, awesome! Prices are decent and the quality is good and they are really nice people! Its a tiny store but I like how they have it, clean and uncluttered. Their first day open I managed to blow about $50. Yikes. I need to get making some stuff with those too so I can justify my spending. Of course I havent SOLD anything since the peruvian paradise anklet so thats not saying much. I have business cards made and just need to start getting more word out I guess.
I am thinking of doing more with copper again, it seems to be the most popular of the stuff I have made. I really need to fire up the big torch and try something, gawd I hate that thing though. But I need hotter flame than my little torch can do. But I cant complain too much, I at least have the torch I need. (just not the guts to get it done I think) . I seriously dont like fire. I dream about smoke and shoot up out of bed expecting my house to be on fire. I'm not totally phobic now, but paranoid yes. Its summer and fire season in so many places, luckily we are pretty wet this year and havent had many problems, but I am ever cautious.
Thats all for now I guess.
Serena

0 comments: