Friday, July 11, 2008

Is it the weekend yet?

I have lots of things planned for this weekend. Big partying... no. I need to get some stuff made, headpins, earwires etc. Have a bracelet in my head wanting out. Need to go through my copper stash and make sure I have the gauge I am picturing in my head. I see lots of coiling/wirewrapped links. I am kinda miffed, I was wandering around etsy and found a seller witha bracelet real similar to what I am designing. No one else might ever notice it, but I am always afraid someone will notice and thinnk I am copying. I dont intentionally copy anyone else. This one though I am not going to change too much, I like my design too much. I need to get online and see about some ceramic beads I think would go well. The Greek Myconos beads. Not sure I want to bother with more beads though darn it. Maybe I can play with soldering my copper again and get it to work (grrr) and make the spacers I need. Soldering has not been my friend lately. I have wasted a LOT of silver trying. I started a pair of long awaited earrings with my chameleon lampwork beads from Java Beads, and darned if the silver ball end didnt snapp off of the headpin... so I have to start over, I had gotten those darn things polished jsut right and was fixing to oxidize them. I want these to be JUST right. I have an order in at Blue Water Studio for beads, Hopeing they work like i have pictured. Sabine has the prettiest Czech glass around. Once I start shopping in her store I cant stop!
Well I will update more this weekend if everythign works out.

S

1 comments:

Unknown said...

your Etsy shop is looking really good.