Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to me! TURTLES!

OK I haven gotten anything done since I posted about the torch. Been busy otherwise. With my birthday on Monday the 23rd(yaay)... My mom bought me something I have wanted for a loong time and would probably never bought formyself. A baby Sulcata Turtle! He is a little bigger than a silver dollar. I have talked about getting one for years and years. I still have to get uv lights and thermometer and stuff for him, (birthday anyone?!). He is happiy cruisin around the tank. I think I had lots of turtle Karma going on too cause I got him settled in yesterday and walked outside this morning to find a tteeeeensy weensy little stinkpot(mud) turtle swimming in my pond, since he would have been bird food pretty quick I have him settled in another tankwith water. So I now have two turtle, one tort that will turn intoa dinosaur (Sulcatas are the HUUGE ones when grown! ) and a little bitty water turtle. Its neat. I have always been a turtle nut! I took the tort out to graze in the grass this morning, and he went to town chowing down on grass. They are grazers that mostly eat grasses in the wild, he knows what he is! I will have to round up some worms for the other one in the morning. Wyatt loves the turtles and tells me "awwwwww baby urles"
So Happy Birthday to me (tommorow)!
Serena


Here are my new babies!






0 comments: